An energy company builds a framework to transition hundreds of applications for continued success.
If transitioning services into or out of a business operation takes too long or fails to provide the right knowledge transfer, the company can waste money and time and increase risk. A major Canadian energy and utility company hired ISG to help it transition the support of nearly 200 applications from a time-and-materials contract with two service providers to a managed services contract with one provider.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG provided a customized Transition Framework, developed the crucial Transition organization comprised of both service provider and client participants, recommended and implemented appropriate meeting cadences, and defined Quality Gate criteria and processes. ISG clarified and agreed on in-scope deliverables and made all transition activity visible and measurable.
Future Made Possible
- Consistent executive, management, and business updates on the “state of play”
- Visibility into knowledge transition activity and verification
- Service provider agreement with the Transition Framework, quality gates and associated templates
- Termination agreements and associated assistance with departing service providers
- Training and templates for ongoing use by the client transition manager